Saturday 30 August 2008

Why is this news?

In what will probably become a regular feature, today I am questioning why the media reports on half the bollocks that it does. For example, today's trawl turned up this gem from our own BBC: "Australia suffering man drought". Who cares? Stop the press, there are 100,000 more women than men in Oz. Turns out men in their 20s and 30s are going elsewhere to work- if I was brought up in Australia with half a brain I'd probably leave as soon as I could work or afford a flight off the rock too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7589382.stm


I just cannot fathom who this news is interesting to. "Hey kids, hey ma, come check this out! This article just told me Australia has more women than men! Maybe cousin Jack who's 36 and never had a girlfriend can go there and get lucky!" An interesting footnote to that little story is that Ma wasn't listening because she had her head in the fucking oven knowing that once again her husband was overly interested in a piece of shit.

Good times.

Justtherightbullets

No comments: