Monday 29 September 2008

Inspired by Robin Coopers timewaster letters

Today I sent an email to Oceana club, Cardiff after they sent me a 'letter' inviting me and my friends to party with them. Let me confirm that I would not party in Oceana if the world was about to end and everywhere else was fully booked.

Here is a copy of the email:

"Hello,

recently I received a letter from you, which was surprising since I've never signed up to your mailing list, inviting myself and friends to come to your club. Unfortunately myself and many of my friends have large visible tattoos which I believe you have a policy against. Boy, did you get some bad (and rightly deserved) press over that debacle! Way to alienate a sizable section of your potential demographic! Anyway, I guess that's partly what 'Right of admission reserved' means. Does this mean I can't come to your club?

Regards,

Edward Timpkins"

I eagerly await a reply.


Justtherightbullets

2 comments:

Split-Screen said...

PMCO. Also, nice banner, I can really see the different brush that the guy obviously used, not to mention the overall reposistioning of elements. In general, I think it's way better. Kudos to you sir, and your designer of course. Maybe you could think of some regular features that will give him an excuse to design more banners? Forgive my intrusion.

Folie A Deux said...

You are indeed right good sir, our new banner is indeed kick ass. I'll be sure to pass on your comments when I see him next & try to encourage more work out of him.