Friday 17 October 2008

Good news HD fans.

Are high priced Blu-ray players soon to be a thing of the past? Engadgethd.com thinks so, and I for one hope they're right. Panasonic's DMP-BD30 seems to be making the leap, getting reduced to $259.99 and it's region free to boot.


The unit looks good and the price is definitely getting there, plus the DMP-BD30 is already lower priced than what I payed for my very first DVD player all those years ago. That said, I wont be jumping on this particular bandwagon just yet. If this is the shape of things to come I'm more than interested enough to keep an eye on the Blu-ray market but I don't think I'll be getting the credit cards out at this point. There are still things to settle down in my eyes as far as the world accepting the new format goes, not least because DVDs are still providing quality pictures at ever decreasing prices and the Blu-ray discs are grossly overpriced by comparison. When Evangelion makes the move to Blu-ray however, it'll be hard to resist...

Original article

Justtherightbullets

No comments: